Poster presentations provide valuable commercialization opportunities by showcasing research that increases expand interact with life sciences companies and institutions in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, the District of Columbia and surrounding areas.
2012 Call for Posters Presenters
Entrepreneurs (company & academic), researchers, faculty and students are invited to present posters at the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Bio conference. We encourage you to submit a topic and abstract of your work for poster presentation. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your research and interact with biotechnology companies and institutions in Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington, DC, and the surrounding regions. A panel of judges will conduct a peer-review of all submissions and determine acceptance into the poster hall. Participation of undergraduate and graduate students is highly encouraged. All poster topics and abstracts must be submitted by Friday, September 14, 2012 (11:59 PM), to receive consideration for inclusion in the poster hall. Due to space limitations, preference will be given to academic institutions and company members of MdBio, VaBIO and MAVA.
NOTE: Submission of a poster for consideration is a public disclosure. Please contact your institution’s technology licensing or technology transfer office if you have any questions regarding this submission.
Your poster should describe your academic research or development efforts which could potentially provide commercial solutions to or address unmet needs in biotechnology. Poster abstracts should outline the problems the research or development addresses and, if possible, identify potential commercial markets.
- All abstract submissions should be structured to include:
Title, Author’s Company/Institution (including e-mail contact), Purpose, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- The abstract must be limited to 250 words or less and fit within one 8.5”x 11” page. (Electronic submission using Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat PDF is recommended).
- Embedded (not linked) tables and or graphics may be included as long as the abstract does not exceed the 8.5” x 11” page limitation.
- All posters will be displayed on Friday, September 28, 2012. Posters will be set up and completely dismounted by authors. Selected posters will run from 8:00a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Please bring only items that can be mounted on poster board. No electrical projection capabilities will be available. All items for posting must be prepared in advance. Graphic supplies will not be available.
- Posters will be affixed to a display board. Each poster should be constructed to fit into the allotted space of four feet by eight feet (4’h x 4’l). Authors are responsible for supplying their own materials for mounting on poster board. (Pins or thumb tacks are recommended).
- A space assignment number will be given to all poster participants. Please set your display up on the poster board with your assignment number on it. Presenters will be required to be present at their poster station during the time slot designated for their poster’s display. If multiple authors are involved, only one need be present at a time.
Abstract Submission Procedure
- Submission Deadline: by Friday, September 14, 2012 (11:59 PM).
- Poster topics and abstracts can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-442-2010 with any questions.
- After submission, authors will be informed of acceptance status by September 18, 2012.
- Authors should bring their poster content material to Mid-Atlantic Bio and will be responsible for mounting their display.
Those who are accepted as poster presenters will also be able to register at the discounted rate of $250 with a registration code. This will provide you with a full conference badge, with access to all panels and receptions. You must be registered by September 24, 2012, as the fee increases to $350 after this date.